What is an MBUniversity Webinar?
A MBUniversity Webinar is a live, interactive 60-minute conference presented over the telephone and over the Internet. You can attend from any location that has telephone and Internet access. You pay just one registration fee for as many participants as you wish at each call/log-in location.
Note that high-speed Internet access is not mandatory – the system works with dial-up but you must have separate connections for the audio and video portions if you wish to listen and watch simultaneously. You may use cell phones for the audio if you have only one connection or if you must be away from a computer for the webinar.
Who presents at an MBUniversity Webinar?
Your webinar will have one or more speakers who are recognized experts on the topic. Conferences typically include a Q&A session; you can ask questions by phone or instant messaging options.
The MBNA Certification Program was developed as a result of a three-year study program by some of the industry's most recognized leaders. It raises the professional standards to those engaged in the memorialization industry and awards the top level of competence and ethical conduct. The MBNA Certified Memorialist® (CM) designation is the highest honor of professional achievement available in the memorial industry. Certification is awarded to individuals, not a firm as a whole. Both Members and non-members of MBNA can apply to become a CM.
Requirements to earn the “Certified Memorialist”® designation under the MBNA Certification Program are divided between successful completion of the examination, which is based upon material in the Certification Manual, and the accumulation of points awarded for participation in the specific activities listed below. To achieve initial certification, a minimum of 50 points must be accumulated; individuals have a maximum of 5 years immediately preceding application for certification during which to accumulate the required points.
To maintain the “Certified Memorialist”® designation under the MBNA Certification Program, an individual must earn a minimum of 30 points in these categories over a period of 3 years. Recertification must be made 3 years from the last designated certification.
This program has been approved for one Continuing Education Unit (CEU) towards initial or recertification as a CM®.
What does my registration include?
Your registration includes long-distance charges for the audio portion and log-in to the video presentation. Once logged in, all handouts are downloadable prior to the start of the webinar. MBUniversity webinars also include one hour/unit of Continuing Education.
Why MBUniversity Webinars?
No wasted time. Get right to the heart of the matter in a 60-minute session designed to easily fit into your busy schedule.
No airlines. No travel. No time out of the office. Listen and follow along from the comfort and convenience of your desk or conference room.
A telephone and computer are all the equipment you need. Just dial in and log-in to the system. That's it.
Ideal for multiple attendees.
Use a speakerphone and projector and invite as many people as you want to participate - at no extra cost to you.
MBUniversity Webinars are a fraction of the cost of travel and attendance fees for other high-priced conferences or seminars.
Monument Builders of North America has specifically designed our Webinars for today’s busy professional. In just 60 minutes, you have access to in-depth coverage of an ever-changing array of current topics including management, design, marketing and sales and the latest trends and developments. We will strive to cover topics falling in all areas of responsibility for memorialists, business owners, shop managers, designers and sales staff.
For one low price, you can attend these sessions in the convenience of your own office – or in your conference room with your entire staff and immediately put what you’ve learned to work in your department or organization. Please review the following list for MBNA’s upcoming Webinars – and sign up today!
Important: In order to participate in this educational offering, it is recommended you have Adobe Flash Player version 10.1 or greater installed on the computer you will be using on the day of the session.
- July 22, 2014 – “Introduction to MBNA's New Design Course” – Jeff Anderson, CM, AICA
- September 23, 2014 – “What Does It Cost - Employee and Production” – Jed A. Hendrickson, CM, AICA
- October 21, 2014 – “Effective & Efficient Loading & Unloading of Trucks” – Troy Caldwell, CM, AICA
- December 16, 2014 – “Creating Promotional Materials for your Business” – Kaila Rademacher, Murphy Granite Carving
All registration is done on-line. Include the name(s) of the session(s) for which you would like to register and the email address to which program information should be forwarded – the primary registrant. Log-in details will be emailed to all primary registrants approximately two (2) days prior to each session.
- The fee for members is $25.00 and for non-members is $65. For sites with more than one participant, log in must be done in the name of the key contact. A participant sign-in sheet for those tracking CEUs will be sent in advance of all sessions and the names of actual participants can be changed or added at this point.
- Invoicing is available to MBNA members only. Non-members must pay in advance by check or by credit card. All payments will be made directly to MBNA.
MBUniversity Webinars are designed for those with technology expertise and for those without. A click or two on a computer with an Internet connection and the dialing of a toll-free number from any phone and you’ll be connected.
- All programs will be delivered by the AdobeConnect platform. Participants will receive log in instructions approximately two (2) days prior to the session.
- All participants should have Internet access (high speed access recommended but not required), a land-based telephone (however cell service works too) and be in a private setting. For more than one participant per participant location, a quiet conference room with a large monitor/screen and speaker phone is suggested.
- Note that the presentation can be sent in advance or immediately following if you do not have Internet access.
- There will be technical assistance available to assist with procedural or connection issues. Your Log-In Instructions will provide a Troubleshooting phone number and a meeting URL address to type into your browser field, connecting you to the meeting if designated meeting link fails.
Note that all lines will be muted during the call to keep outside noise and distractions to a minimum. All participants will have the ability to chat on-line during the Webinar and a live Q&A session will be held at the end.
MBNA will not issue refunds for Webinars. If a registrant is unable to participate in the Webinars and provides email, written, fax or phone notification to the Association 48 hours prior to the session, a credit will be provided for a future Webinar.
Participants can log in to a session approximately 30 minutes prior to the start time of the session. If you experience difficulty logging in please call our office immediately at 800-233-4472 for technical assistance. For those registrants who may experience difficulty logging in to the video portion of the Webinar, please connect to the audio portion for audio participation. A copy of the presentation will be made available to all registrants that participated in the live Webinar. The audio presentation (live portion) is the portion required for CEU credits.
Please alert the MBNA staff member monitoring the webinar at the conclusion of the program of your difficulty and technical support will be provided to eliminate problems with future webinars. Credit to a future webinar will be provided to those with technical difficulties as long as the registrant participated in at least the audio portion of the call and notified the office immediately following the session.
For more information, please contact the MBNA offices, 136 South Keowee Street, Dayton, OH 45402, 800-233-4472, email: email@example.com.