MBNA Member Benefits
Monument Builders of North America—Rich in Resources for Memorialists
MBNA is indeed a rich resource and an extremely valuable investment. Here are some of the important ways MBNA works for you.
MBNA addresses the growing competitive market and changing needs of independent monument builders and memorialists through:
MBNA makes you a part of the collective voice of the independent monument builder:
- MB University—this is THE vehicle for quality educational programs that address the business and design needs of the memorialist and independent monument retailers. Watch this program continue to develop to help you in your business.
- Public Relations—MBNA works to build awareness among consumers of the value of dealing with MBNA members and Certified Memorialists.
MBNA provides an on-going flow of information:
- By speaking with a collective voice on state/provincial and federal legislative and regulatory issues. Through consumer advocacy, MBNA addresses issues with your settings in cemeteries.
- By educating regulators and legislators about the unique aspects of your business that set it apart from other businesses in the death care industry.
MBNA conventions provide education and one-stop shopping:
- Being part of MBNA allows you to draw from a pool of experience and knowledge that our members have developed over the years to provide practical solutions to your challenges.
- MB News, the official monthly publication of the MBNA, focuses on memorialists’ needs.
Certified Memorialist Program (established in 1984) documents your level of expertise and competence.
- Educational sessions are presented by memorialists for memorialists.
- Networking opportunities allow you to form more effective working relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Through MBNA, you can expand your network of peer-oriented business resources.
Certified Memorialist Manual Targets Consumer Needs
- The CM designation is the highest honor of professional achievement available in the memorial industry. Based on experience participation points and successful performance on the required exam, a CM is entitled to use the CM designation after his/her name on all forms of business correspondence. Each CM also receives a lapel pin and plaque. Certification must be renewed every three years.
MBNA’s Consumer Advocacy Program
- MBNA has updated its Certified Memorialist (CM) manual. New information is provided on trends and practices that will help the memorialist better meet consumer demands.
MBNA Web Site
- Established in 1997, the Consumer Advocacy program works with individual members and their customers, ensuring they are aware of their rights and choices in memorializing family and friends. The Consumer Advocacy Program is strictly funded through contributions from members and industry associations.
MBNA Annual Awards Programs
- News you can use is available 24/7 at www.monumentbuilder.org
- Access the membership directory for networking and assistance in your local area.
MBNA Memorial Protection Program For Retailer Members in Good Standing
- Design Contest Recognizes Excellence in Memorial Art
- MBNAspire Awards Highlight Member Firms’ Successful Marketing & Public Relations Programs
MBNA Offers Money-saving Affinity Programs
- Coverage is offered for an act of vandalism or theft that damages or otherwise causes a monument to require replacement or repair. It is also offered for natural defects, such as cracking or flaking. There is a $100 deductible. Certificates are valid for 10 years from the date of installation of the monument. Contact MBNA Headquarters for pricing information.
- Empyrean Benefits Group—Receive discounts on group health, dental and vision insurance!
- Capital Payments—Low rates on keyed in or swiped debit or credit (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and/or Discover) transactions.
- Delta-Associates, LTD—a general business consulting firm with 20+ years serving the Memorial Industry. Delta Associates, Ltd. provides a broad range of business and financial consulting services. Receive a 10% discount on their annual services and a no charge offer of a ½ hour phone review of their issue(s).
- JJ Keller—Get 10% discount off safety and regulatory compliance programs and services.
- OfficeMax—Enjoy savings of up to 75%, next-day delivery and low-price guarantees on office supply purchases.
- FedEx Office—MBNA members can save up to 26% on select FedEx® shipping and business services and up to 70% on FedEx Freight® and FedEx National LTLSM services.
- MBNA's Shipping Plus Program—Substantial discounts with FedEx, YRC (formerly Roadway and Yellow), USF Companies & New Penn and UPS Supply Chain Solutions.
- SV - Benefits—Group health care services for Canadian companies including health and vision care; prescription drugs; dental; short/long-term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment; and retirement plan assistance.
- ADP—Receive discounts on services/solutions for payroll, tax compliance, background checks, time and attendance, worker’s compensation, wage garnishment processing, job tax credits, COBRA administration, and other time and money consuming challenges you face every day.