MBNA members have access to a “Case Studies Database
” (member login & password are required) where they can see how previous cases were handled and apply those methods to their current issue.
As a member of Monument Builders of North America, the MBAdvocacy Program and its services are one of the benefits of membership that you enjoy!
How the MBAdvocacy program will benefit members and the Association –
- Educating MBNA members to prevent unlawful or unreasonable practices.
- Providing conflict resolution services, as needed, and to advise MBNA members of their respective rights and obligations both generally and in specific situations.
- Building on existing relationships with regulatory agencies in various states in order to represent MBNA members.
- Promoting the positive impact of MBNA on the industry overall and to create positive relationships as opposed to adversarial ones.
- Creating educational and advocacy materials for MBNA members and to enhance the understanding of the industry by both consumers and members.
- Working with other entities in the death care industry to address issues regarding anti-competitive practices. This includes unscrupulous behavior in the negotiation, sales, installation, and maintenance of monuments and markers.
- Developing strategies and materials to be utilized as tools to help members work with cemeteries, communities or legislators.
- Keeping MBNA members apprised of legislative initiatives and regulations at the state and federal level as they relate to both monument dealers and cemeteries.
- Lobbying for legislation which will benefit MBNA members and oppose legislation that could harm members.
The MBAdvocacy program supports members of the Monument Builders of North America and the consumers they serve by enhancing awareness and enforcement of fair, reasonable and lawful trade practices as they relate to the memorial industry.
MBNA commented on the Funeral Rule Review 16CFR Part 453. For a copy, click here.